Thu 09 Oct 2014 Sat 11 Oct 2014 Society
International Cancer Imaging Society Meeting and 14th Annual Teaching CourseHeidelberg, Germany
Back to Meetings
- Travel & Hotels
- Sponsors & Symposia
Relevant Documents ICIS 2014 Full Programme
Working together for the patient
The 14th annual course of our Society will focus on practically orientated education of cancer imaging through interactive teaching and the fostering of active learning. Multidisciplinary work, practising state-of-the-art and novel imaging techniques will be highlighted in cooperation with the European Society of Oncologic Imaging and the European Association of Nuclear Medicine.
Where? The course will be held at “Neue Universität” (New University) in Heidelberg, Germany. Full details of how to get there can be found on the 'Travel & Hotels' tab above.
Who is the course for? This course is designed for all radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians and other specialists interested in the diagnosis and management of oncology.
Social events? Registration includes a welcome reception in the “Neue Universität” (New University) at the close of lectures on Thursday 9th October commencing at 17.30.
The ICIS course party will be held on Friday 10th October at the Kulturbrauerei, a charming traditional brewery in the heart of Old Heidelberg. Experience true German hospitality together with home-brewed beer, regional specialty dishes and the opportunity to network with delegates and faculty. You will be entertained by a live jazz band. Party tickets are available for purchase with registration.
Exhibition & sponsorship? Opportunities for sponsorship and exhibiting are available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Things to do in Heidelberg
Walking Tours - The best way to see this charming city is on foot. Heidelberg was fortunate to escape destruction by World War II air raids; consequently original buildings from later Middle Ages and early Renaissance are still standing. You can walk or take a short train up to the Gothic-Renaissance Heidelberg Palace, perched on a hill overlooking the city. Click here for more details. Visit the Heidelberg tourist information website for more detailed information on activities in an around the area. To read more click here.
5 Keynote lectures:
- Cancer hallmarks: Understanding the biologic principles
- Biology of tumour invasion and metastases
- Cancer imaging in the era of precision treatment: present and future
- Beyond the image: sense and non-sense of imaging biomarkers
- PET/MR as tools for “precision medicine”
3 Plenary sessions:
- Global challenges of cancer imaging: Perspective from different parts of the world
- MDT-Session: Management of prostate cancer patients in the borderland between intermediate and high risk
- Cases we would like to do again
2 Special focus sessions:
- ESOI Special Focus Session: Locoregional therapy of renal cancer
- ICIS-EANM Special Focus Session: Multimodality imaging of metastatic disease
12 Interactive workshop sessions:
- Biliary tract neoplasms: Detection and staging
- Lung cancer staging
- Imaging and management of liver tumours
- Paediatric tumours
- Lymphoma multimodality imaging
- Evaluation of lung nodules
- Characterisation and management of cystic pancreatic neoplasms
- Neuroendocrine tumours multimodality imaging
- Imaging treatment response: An update
- Complications of molecular targeted therapy: Imaging features
- Imaging for radiotherapy
- Incidental findings in the oncology patient
6 Computer hands-on workshops:
- Screening and staging of colorectal cancer
- Ovarian masses: Role of imaging in characterisation, staging and treatment follow-up
- Mapping head & neck tumours: tips and tricks
- Prostate cancer MRI: PI-RADS in clinical practice
- Comprehensive breast MRI: an update
- Whole-body DWI in practice
4 Scientific Paper Sessions & Scientific Poster Exhibition
A prize for the best oral presentation and best poster will be awarded at the course party on Friday evening.
This year’s meeting is presented in association with:
ESOI: European Society of Oncologic Imaging
EANM: European Association of Nuclear Medicine
Click on the relevant day to view the programme for this day.
ONLINE REGISTRATION is NOW CLOSED
Course Party - Friday 10th October
Experience true Heidelberg hospitality together with home-brewed beer, regional specialty dishes including a vegetarian option - in other words the finest traditional cooking experienced in an
authentic German ambience. In addition to the opportunity to relax and network with faculty and delegates, you will be entertained by a live jazz band. We hope to see you there!
Purchase your ticket while registering for the course on the ICIS website. Each ticket costs €35 which includes food and drink coupons. Tickets are limited; early purchase is advised to avoid
How to Register
At the top of this page there is a green 'Online Registration' button. Please click it and follow the instructions.
Reservations will only be confirmed on receipt of the fully completed registration form and full payment. A confirmation letter and further details will be issued on receipt of full payment.
Reservations are subject to availability and will be confirmed within one week from receipt of completed registration form and full payment.
(minus an administration charge of €80) will only be made if written notification is received by 6th September 2014. Thereafter no refunds will be made.
A range of local hotels are available through a booking agent (Zibrant). In order to make a reservation at one of these hotels, please click through to the dedicated micro site with live interactive map.
This is an interactive map, showing live availability 24/7. You can review and select your own choice of preferred hotel. Please be aware that hotel prices fluctuate constantly and therefore may alter, dependant on when you book.
If you would like assistance with your hotel booking please contact Jessica Heili, by e-mail, to Jessica_Heili@HotelMap.com indicating your requirements, phone number and quoting Special Reference Code W-MLJZM. Jessica will get back to you to discuss your hotel options.
Alternatively the Heidelberg Hotel and Travel guide has information on local guest houses and hotels: http://www.e-heidelberg.com/
Please note, we recommend that hotel accommodation is booked early to avoid disappointment as we have been advised that Heidelberg is likely to be busy around the time of ICIS 2014.
Travel to Heidelberg
Frankfurt: Heidelberg is located 50 miles to the south of Frankfurt.
From Frankfurt Airport a number of options are available for the onward journey:
Lufthansa Airport Shuttle Bus: A direct bus departs from outside Terminal 1, Exit 4b, please see the Lufthansa website for further details - http://www.lufthansa.com/uk/en/Lufthansa-Airport-Bus. It is advisable to reserve a seat in advance: e-mail:- email@example.com.
Train: Take the train directly from Frankfurt Airport. This will take between 45 - 80 minutes. For further information please visit the German rail website:- http://www.reiseauskunft.bahn.de
Other airports close to Heidelberg include Stuttgart and Strasbourg. For more detailed travel information, please check individual websites.
Parking: Parking will potentially be problematic in the centre of town, as all on street parking is either metered or with parking permit only. It is possible to park in one of the underground car parks or in your hotel car park for the duration of your stay. You won’t need your car to get around Heidelberg.
The International Cancer Imaging Society Meeting & 14th Annual Teaching Course is accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) to provide the following CME activity for medical specialists. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS), www.uems.net.
The 'International Cancer Imaging Society Meeting & 14th Annual Teaching Course ' is designated for a maximum of (or 'for up to') 17 hours of European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme.
Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Submission for Papers is NOW CLOSED
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION CLOSES 26th MAY 2014
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
Please read these notes carefully before submitting your abstract.
- All abstracts will be subject to review and if accepted for presentation will be included in the conference proceedings publication available for all delegates of ICIS 2014
- Abstracts must be submitted online completing all requested fields
- PLEASE REMEMBER to notify us if your contact details change
- Abstracts must be submitted in either a Word or PDF format and must be NO LONGER than 250 words, taking the form of a single concise paragraph describing the aim, methods, results and conclusion where appropriate
- The abstract should NOT INCLUDE references, tables or figures
- Presenting authors should ensure they have the permission of co-authors before submitting the abstract to ICIS 2014
- Successful presenters will be able to register for ICIS 2014 at a reduced rate of €395 plus €95 ICIS joining fee, if not already a member.
- Please note that all scientific presenters are required to be a member of the Society. Membership must be paid with registration in addition to the registration fee, if not already a member.
- ICIS 2014 reserves the right to copy-edit all abstracts to comply with house styles
TIMELINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION AND NOTIFICATION
- Abstract submission deadline: Monday 26th May 2014
- All authors will be notified if their submission has been successful after Monday 23rd June 2014
- Deadline for presenters to register for ICIS 2014: 7th July 2014 to ensure the abstract appears in the conference proceedings publication